Company: Greenhaven Landscapes
Pay: $24/hour – $30/hour
Schedule: Monday – Friday; five 8-hour shifts OR four 10-hour shifts; occasional Saturdays
Location: Vancouver, WA (servicing within 50-mile radius)
Who We Are:
We harness our love of the outdoors to design home retreats for people so we can share the smile a fantastic outdoor space brings. Our Vancouver, WA landscape design company and crew have been bringing smiles to people’s faces for over 30 years. We want every landscape we create to be a place we would live and spend time in. We want to see a quality job that grows more beautiful each year and a customer who loves their yard every time they sit outside and drink their coffee.
Why Work at Greenhaven Landscapes?
- 100% employer paid medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- 6 paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Professional certification reimbursement
Who You Are: We are looking for someone who takes pride in a job well done, who is dependable, and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty! The qualified candidate has excellent written and verbal communication skills. The Foreman is a strong leader who can work outdoors in sometimes adverse weather conditions.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the landscape industry desired
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools, and equipment required to complete various landscape practices
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass background/DMV check and drug screening
What You’ll Do: The Foreman is responsible for overseeing and assisting in all on-site aspects of landscape projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of jobsites prior to the beginning of a project
- Manage the execution of landscape projects, planning labor requirements, equipment requirements and material deliveries and timing to ensure completion of job(s) within project deadlines
- Manage safety, quality, and productivity of work at sites
- Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew members to assist in the completion of landscape constructions
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to delegate/complete work activities
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, jobsites, and shop/yard areas