Company: Greenhaven Landscapes
Title: Crew Member
Pay: $18/hour – $25/hour
Schedule: Monday – Friday; five 8-hour shifts OR four 10-hour shifts; occasional Saturdays
Location: Vancouver, WA (servicing within 50-mile radius)
Who We Are:
We harness our love of the outdoors to design home retreats for people so we can share the smile a fantastic outdoor space brings. Our Vancouver, WA landscape design company and crew have been bringing smiles to people’s faces for over 30 years. We want every landscape we create to be a place we would live and spend time in. We want to see a quality job that grows more beautiful each year and a customer who loves their yard every time they sit outside and drink their coffee.
Why Work at Greenhaven Landscapes?
- 100% employer paid medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- 6 paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Professional certification reimbursement
Who You Are: We are looking for someone who takes pride in a job well done, who is dependable, and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty! The qualified candidate is punctual with reliable transportation. The Crew Member is a team player who can work outdoors in sometimes adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain
- Able to lift up to 75lbs
- Able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks promptly and efficiently
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Valid Driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Ability to work within a close team environment.
What You’ll Do: A typical day will consist of planting, installing irrigation, installing and/or replacing paver patio, excavating drainage areas, and installing retaining walls.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Wood, stone, and concrete retaining walls demolition
- Assisting with construction of stone and block retaining walls
- Hand excavation
- Installs and/or moves and transplants trees, shrubs, and other plant material
- Removes tree brush after tree trimmer’s prune, cut and shape trees
- Digs trenches for irrigation systems or piping and installation of the irrigation systems
- Irrigation repairs and maintenance
- Cleans out drainage ditches and culverts, drainage installation
- Paver patio installation and maintenance